- Maintain compliance with financial aid regulatory requirements as it pertains to federal and state accrediting agencies and cation policies and procedures.
- Prepare student financial aid package.
- Determine financial aid eligibility, develop and review financial aid plan with students and parent(s) or family member(s) while providing consumer information as required by Federal Regulations.
- Follow up on the status of all pending student loans/grants or promissory notes in order to complete student financial aid packages.
- Conduct student entrance and exit interviews to ensure all financial obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Investigate and solve files returned from the U.S. Department of Education for review or verification.
- Audit all outgoing student files for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Maintain current knowledge of all government regulations and requirements.
- Check NSLDS for electronic financial aid transcripts.
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and problem solver.
- This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related field preferred.
- 1-2 years experience as a Financial Aid officer / representative, proprietary school financial aid experience is a plus.
- Hands on knowledge of crossover funding issues.
- Experience with Return to Title IV calculations.
- Knowledge of Federal and state grant / loan programs.